Coldwater Mountain is in the running for a $30,000 grant in the Bell Built Trail Grant Sweepstakes. Bell Helmets is awarding a total of $100,000 in Trail Building Grants. Our very own Coldwater Mountain is one of four finalists nationwide in the Flow Trail category. If Coldwater wins, approximately $30,000 would be used to construct a trail that would connect the developing Coldwater Mountain trail system to struggling downtown Anniston, Alabama.
This is where this contest becomes more than just building bike trails. Anniston’s city leaders have a vision to revitalize historic downtown Anniston and they see Coldwater Mountain as the catalyst! Coldwater Mountain is about tourism and bringing a much-needed boost to the local economy. The City Council has made bold steps to capitalize on downtown, and its relationship to this wonderful venue. And while bikers and hikers will be the beneficiaries in the short term, it’s the surrounding communities that stand to benefit the greatest as Coldwater develops into a truly world class trail destination.
Voting ends on April 12th, so vote today!
VOTE FOR COLDWATER
SHARE TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY’s FACEBOOK TIMELINE
ASK FOR THEIR VOTE AND TO SHARE AS WELL
TALK TO PEOPLE ABOUT COLDWATER
Instructions for Voting on Facebook
1. Log into Facebook and through Facebook’s “Search for people, places and things,” type in Bell Bike Helmets. Or after logging in, you can click this link:
IF YOU ARE USING A MOBILE PLATFORM (IPHONE, IPAD): The Facebook app will NOT work. To use on a mobile platform bring up your mobile browser (Safari for I-users) and use this link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php
Log in into Facebook.
In the “Search for People, Places and Things,” search for “Bell Bike Helmets.”
Click on the Bell Bike Helmets link in the search results.
On Bell’s main page, look under the cover photo for the red “Bell Built – VOTE NOW” icon.
Click that icon to go the sweepstakes page.
2. Look on the right side of the graphic and select “Flow Trail Projects.”
3. If you want to watch our video click on the play button. If you want to just vote skip to Step 5.
4. After the video has played, click the Round Red / White X on the pop up video screen.
5. Under Coldwater Mountain, select the radio button beside “Select Project” (Again, Under Coldwater Mountain).
6. Click “Submit Vote”
7. A pop-up will ask you to use the Bell Built Grant App… Click on “Go to App.”
8. Click “Allow” or “Skip” on the next window, depending on if you want the app to post on your wall or not.
9. That’s it. You should then see a window with the current results.