Bear Creek in Ellijay

That's what we're here for.

Bear Creek in Ellijay

Postby ScottGreer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Has anyone pulled a small camper up to the Bear camping area? All I've ever seen are tents, are small campers allowed? If so have you been successful in a 2wd? I'm not concerned with 99% of the road, but the massive hole in the road right where you turn off the pavement has me concerned a 2wd may not pull the camper over that hump.

Feedback?
ScottGreer
Stump Jumper

Re: Bear Creek in Ellijay

Postby psychobillycadillac » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:02 pm

I've never pulled one up but I seem to recall having seen them in the campground before. I'd be more concerned with the water crossing going into camp and the water level than I would w/ some of the holes in the road. All that being said, have you ever looked into staying the night at mulberry gap? It's only a few miles down the road, has areas with electric hookups for campers, bathrooms w/ showers, amazing meals and some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet.
psychobillycadillac
Rock Hopper

Postby ScottGreer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:49 pm

psychobillycadillac wrote:I've never pulled one up but I seem to recall having seen them in the campground before. I'd be more concerned with the water crossing going into camp and the water level than I would w/ some of the holes in the road. All that being said, have you ever looked into staying the night at mulberry gap? It's only a few miles down the road, has areas with electric hookups for campers, bathrooms w/ showers, amazing meals and some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet.

Yes, I have thought about that. But I'd be bringing the fam and the little man loves playing in the creek. Unless there is a nice creek he can play in on the Mulberry property, that's a deal breaker for me.
ScottGreer
Stump Jumper

Postby psychobillycadillac » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:51 pm

there is a small creek on property and one just down the road from it. If you'd be looking for something bigger than small creek size there are several really nice spots w/in a short driving distance including several waterfalls.
psychobillycadillac
Rock Hopper

Return to Mountain Biking