LETS BRING THIS BOARD BACK!

That's what we're here for.

LETS BRING THIS BOARD BACK!

Postby marvin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:44 am

If you are looking at this then you realize that this board has a place for us to communicate, and a good one. Even if you do not see any recent posts/responses, start posting and/or responding here and lets see if we can get this place back to the community forum that it should be. It may be slow going but itmay eventually get this back to a useful and entertaining spot if people start using and others see that people are using it
marvin
Stump Jumper

Re: LETS BRING THIS BOARD BACK!

Postby grog » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:37 pm

While it's not a tab I keep open all day and refresh, I still try to get back here at least a few times a month to check in and see what's new. Coworkers who ride will update me on discussions that occur on Facebook. When I read over them, they just don't seem the same as we used to have. Example - someone pointed me to the post re: the show that was filmed at Blankets. I think it registered something like 15 or so replies. You know that had the discussion been here "back in the day" it would've been 15 PAGES and entertaining as hell.

My riding has significantly declined in the past few years - I think I only rode once last year - and I can't help but wonder: did the decline of the forum contribute to my not riding or did my (and possibly other regulars) contribute to the decline of the forum? How's that for your philosophical discussion of the week ...

Anyway ... here's my effort at bringing it back. Maybe I'll start a thread re: the tv show thing and see what it generates here ....
grog
Rock Hopper

Postby DoctorJD » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:01 am

There have been a few attempts go jump-start the old SORBA board. I posted a, "where are they now" last year wondering where some of the old board regulars were. Didn't get much traction, but a few of the OG chimed in. While I'm not in the SORBA forum hotbed (North/Northeast) I enjoyed occasionally hooking up and riding/racing with some of the guys and gals. I'll try to do my part to reignite the old flame that is the SORBA forum.
DoctorJD
Rock Hopper

Postby grog » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:54 am

The few times that a coworker who also rides forwards me a link to the SORBA group on FB, I'm hard pressed to find anyone I recognize any more. I've seen iride a time or two, Captain Spellcheck and possibly a K2K sighting. Other than that, though, it's like going back to your high school a few years after you graduate and realizing there's a new regime. Ok, maybe not the best analogy but you get the idea. It makes me curious how many of us old (and I think that's both figurative and literal at this point) regulars still ride. It's been over a year since I've touched dirt (though I did tune up my bike last month). I wonder, though, about the Tweeties and pyschobilly's and al.'s and ... you get the idea.

I really need to get motivated to start back up again ...
grog
Rock Hopper

Postby DoctorJD » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:02 pm

grog wrote:The few times that a coworker who also rides forwards me a link to the SORBA group on FB, I'm hard pressed to find anyone I recognize any more. I've seen iride a time or two, Captain Spellcheck and possibly a K2K sighting. Other than that, though, it's like going back to your high school a few years after you graduate and realizing there's a new regime. Ok, maybe not the best analogy but you get the idea. It makes me curious how many of us old (and I think that's both figurative and literal at this point) regulars still ride. It's been over a year since I've touched dirt (though I did tune up my bike last month). I wonder, though, about the Tweeties and pyschobilly's and al.'s and ... you get the idea.

I really need to get motivated to start back up again ...

I took about four months off, myself. No riding. Nothing, not even the road bike. Went out and bought a new rig in February and I've been riding fairly consistently ever since. Damn, I missed it. Get out there grog, you may not be able to put in the miles you once did, but I guarantee you that the smile will be just as big!

I'll keep checking in here at the old digs, maybe one day we can reboot it.
DoctorJD
Rock Hopper

Return to Mountain Biking