Evolving Adventure Area - Blue Ridge Ga.

That's what we're here for.

Re: Evolving Adventure Area - Blue Ridge Ga.

Postby mm9 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Did anyone see the 60 minutes special on Marfa Texas tonight. It's a rural West Texas town that has become quite a town for artists and other creative people. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50144819n

I think this evolving adventure culture we are seeing in some mountain towns in the southeast is also accompanied by the arts. The blending of arts and adventure seems to mix well. Blue Ridge Ga., for instance, has a growing arts culture. (No, I'm not with the Chamber ha!). I just think it's cool to watch and an enjoyable vibe.
mm9
Dirt Dawg

Postby Tweety » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 am

where were you DS'ing? I want to get in on those rides.
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to Somebody Else.
-Will Rogers
"as long as you are still a cool guy 99 % of the time the 1 % time that you lose it is ok by me" - Mark D.
Tweety
Rock Hopper

Postby kevrider » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:53 pm

reminds me of this article i saw recently:
http://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/outdoors-travel/the-best-mountain-towns/

Blue Ridge was on the small town list.
In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted
kevrider
Rock Hopper

Postby dlc » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:31 pm

I live in Blue Ridge. We Manf and build log cabins. Blue Ridge is growing, in a good way. The town is really embracing the Eco tourism. The local cycling club is working right now to get more trails in the aska area. Combined with Ellijay and Tansi we have a lot of great riding within 30mins of downtown. Anyone that has not been to the area should come check it out. We are an hour up 575.
dlc
Mountain Biker

Postby mm9 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:22 pm

dlc wrote:I live in Blue Ridge. We Manf and build log cabins. Blue Ridge is growing, in a good way. The town is really embracing the Eco tourism. The local cycling club is working right now to get more trails in the aska area. Combined with Ellijay and Tansi we have a lot of great riding within 30mins of downtown. Anyone that has not been to the area should come check it out. We are an hour up 575.

On the new trails - COOL! Some big loops would be nice which allow you not to have to mountain bike on Aska road to get back to your starting point :) :wink:
mm9
Dirt Dawg

Previous

Return to Mountain Biking