Electric MTB's

That's what we're here for.

Re: Electric MTB's

Postby wojtek » Tue May 07, 2013 9:59 pm

The difference between the Sea Otter Classic and the Interbike is like Ying and Yang.

So far the Interbike has been basically reserved for the retailers, and the Sea Otter is for the customers.
By that virtue there are not that many new products at the Sea otter (new products are being introduced at the Interbike).

As far as Kreidler mtb with Bosch engine goes, the Interbike was the way to find the US retailedr.
After Germans accomplished that, they gave a support to US distributor at the Sea Otter.
Cycling motion makes me wiser ;)
wojtek
Rock Hopper

Postby iride » Tue May 07, 2013 10:27 pm

wojtek wrote:The difference between the Sea Otter Classic and the Interbike is like Ying and Yang.

So far the Interbike has been basically reserved for the retailers, and the Sea Otter is for the customers.
By that virtue there are not that many new products at the Sea otter (new products are being introduced at the Interbike).

As far as Kreidler mtb with Bosch engine goes, the Interbike was the way to find the US retailedr.
After Germans accomplished that, they gave a support to US distributor at the Sea Otter.

this post is completely invalid. is your head shaped like a dick?
clearly it's entirely too technical...

**currently tied with Lance Armstrong on Tour de France wins.**
iride
Rock Hopper

Postby bikephan » Tue May 07, 2013 10:56 pm

wojtek wrote:The difference between the Sea Otter Classic and the Interbike is like Ying and Yang.

you are amazing............and wrong.

Interbike is retailers??????? Sea Otter is customers?????
WTF.
bikephan
Rock Hopper

Postby wojtek » Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 pm

Not my opinion, all exhibitors say that. I spoke with most of them.

Best proof - anybody can get to Sea Otter while Intebike has been reserved for the store owners (until this year)
Cycling motion makes me wiser ;)
wojtek
Rock Hopper

Postby bikephan » Wed May 08, 2013 1:42 am

wojtek wrote:Not my opinion, all exhibitors say that. I spoke with most of them.

Best proof - anybody can get to Sea Otter while Intebike has been reserved for the store owners (until this year)

really, do you know the cost to get a booth in interbike? prob not. Know the cost of one at sea otter? prob not. Know how many companies that have skipped interbike in the past 4 years? Prob not but for a quick example call Cane Creek and ask. Interbike may have had that rule, but I can tell you for the past 2 years there are plenty of non owners at there. They don't check anymore. One sea otter and interbike and you got your big boy pants on.

Double check your all exhibitors, I rode with one there and spent the following week with them at the fruita fat tire fest.
WTF.
bikephan
Rock Hopper

Postby u1ockjustice » Wed May 08, 2013 6:11 am

INTERNET OUTRAGE! VERY STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT A TOPIC THAT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER! PISSING MATCHES ABOUT WHO IS COOLER/NEEDS ELECTRIC ASSIST ON A BIKE!

what more do you need?
u1ockjustice
Rock Hopper

Postby psychobillycadillac » Wed May 08, 2013 9:01 am

As one who has been to both, I can tell you that there are many more new products debuted at Sea Otter than Interbike. Sea Otter is the first chance that companies get to show off new products in the model year, with Interbike coming much later in the year during Sept. Also Sea Otter is the kick off to many pro racer's season. Further to back up what has already been said, Interbike is in no way exclusive to dealers. I've spent weeks of my life standing on the floor there talking to people (like Wojtek) that have no shop affiliation and are there to score free product and further a personal agenda.
Finally to bring us back on topic here, motorized bikes, regardless of their power source be it a gasoline type fuel or battery powered, do not belong on trails designated for mountain bikes or multi purpose. As was mentioned earlier, if you're going to allow a motorized mountain bike then you lose the right to keep out dirt mottos.
psychobillycadillac
Rock Hopper

Postby bikephan » Wed May 08, 2013 10:17 am

u1ockjustice wrote:INTERNET OUTRAGE! VERY STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT A TOPIC THAT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER! PISSING MATCHES ABOUT WHO IS COOLER/NEEDS ELECTRIC ASSIST ON A BIKE!

what more do you need?

I THINK YOU CAP LOCK KEY IS STUCK. IT SEEMS THIS MAKES YOU PISS FARTHER.

YOU MAY NEED A NEW KEYBOARD OR SCREW DRIVER TO RELEASE THAT STUCK KEY
WTF.
bikephan
Rock Hopper

Postby FujNoob » Wed May 08, 2013 4:53 pm

I love the my brain is bigger than your brain threads.
FujNoob
Rock Hopper

Previous

Return to Mountain Biking