mechanic @ outback bikes in little 5

That's what we're here for.

mechanic @ outback bikes in little 5

Postby tenbsmith » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:31 pm

I seem to recall people had a lot of good things to say about a mechanic at Outback Bikes in Little 5 Points Atlanta. I'd appreciate his name. I got some wheel work and once over on a bike, and I need someone good.
wind whistles in an empty ear
tenbsmith
Rock Hopper

Re: mechanic @ outback bikes in little 5

Postby psychobillycadillac » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 pm

tenbsmith wrote:I seem to recall people had a lot of good things to say about a mechanic at Outback Bikes in Little 5 Points Atlanta. I'd appreciate his name. I got some wheel work and once over on a bike, and I need someone good.

I think the person you are referring to is Scott Hodge. Unfortunately Hodge was involved in a motorcycle accident earlier this year and is no longer working at the Little 5 store. Call and ask if Cody Yancey is still doing work for them, he's every bit as good as Hodge was. I think he may still be working for them out of their Hamilton Mill location.
psychobillycadillac
Rock Hopper

Postby tenbsmith » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Sorry to hear that, and thanks for the additional reference. Hamilton Mill is bit far for me to travel. being ITP and all.
wind whistles in an empty ear
tenbsmith
Rock Hopper

Postby Sadlebred » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Unfortuantely, Outback recently closed the Hamilton Mill location.
http://www.sadlebred.com (of course!)
http://www.southeasterncycling.com All you need for the Georgia Cycling and Racing Scene!
Sadlebred
Rock Hopper

Postby GTscoob » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:53 am

Edgemont is a solid mechanic over there but I've seen some subpar work come out from some of their other wrenches so make sure you specify that you want him working on your bike.

If you're ITP hit up Snyder Cycles for wheel work and anything else; Seth operates mostly on appointment so call ahead. Chris at Loose Nuts is also a fantastic mechanic and wheelbuilder with a really cool shop in Grant Park. I've got nothing but good things to say about experiences with both shops and they both do a lot more to support the local scene.
GTscoob
Rock Hopper

Return to Mountain Biking