Treadmill Park, Austell, Ga

Gush about your favorite trails and riding areas, gripe about the bad ones, find a new spot...

Re: Treadmill Park, Austell, Ga

Postby Dckwoody » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:11 am

I've been maintaining and riding the trails and have not seen anyone else riding on these two loops. I curious to know which parking lot you used and which direction you rode the two loops. From the gravel parking lot off Austell-Powder Springs Rd, I take the connector trail across the bridge and then go left or clockwise on that loop to the powerline. Once across the powerline connector trail, I go to the right, counter clockwise, so it's like a figure 8.
Dckwoody
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby cj812 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:59 am

Dan ck out www.sorbawestgeorgia.org we have trails in paulding, cobb and there
is clinton in douglas. John.
cj812
Mountain Biker

Postby danhanson88 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:39 pm

I will!!! Thank you
danhanson88
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby Dckwoody » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:48 am

The Threadmill loops were cleared this morning.
Dckwoody
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby rkoonzer » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:38 am

I stopped by and checked this out yesterday since it’s close to my house. Not a bad ride although I cleared out the spiders with my face on the first lap :D . There’s a lot of potential in this 1.8m figure eight and I’d love to see it get further developed. It sounds like you’ve adopted this trail Dckwoody, so let me know if I can help. I'm new to the sport so I've never worked on trails yet, but I don’t mind moving some dirt.
rkoonzer
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby Dckwoody » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:33 am

Great! You are helping out by riding it and clearing the webs for me. It doesn't get much action so riding will help keep it cleared and let me know if there is a tree down or other work needed on the trails. SORBA has a plan for this area and hopefully they will build more trails. I sent you an email about getting together to ride the area.
Dckwoody
Training Wheel Tyke

Previous

Return to Trails & Trail Systems