I'm baaacckkk ... (but for how long?)

Gush about your favorite trails and riding areas, gripe about the bad ones, find a new spot...

I'm baaacckkk ... (but for how long?)

Postby grog » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Thursday was my first ride in over a year, 2nd in almost 2 years. Buddy from work and I hit Sope during lunch. Really sucks to go from a 0:41:00 minute lap to 1:03:00 lap. Butt still sore - guess there's more ... um, flesh ... in places than there used to be. 30 pound difference plus being out of shape plus singlespeed really didn't make it all that much fun. But it was a beautiful day and felt so good to be out there again. Aiming to go again Tue (not ready for the M/W/F/Su direction yet - that long hill will kill me on the SS) and see if I can turn it into a regular thing again.

I really want to compliment SORBA-ATL (wait, didn't I hear they have a new name?) on what they've done there. I enjoyed it "back in the day" (late 90's/early 00's) when it was just an out-n-back but it certainly didn't have the flow that it does now. Yeah, there are some things I miss but the new design easily makes up for it. One thing I really do miss is the rock garden along the creek. I understand the reason for the reroute but it was darn near the best thing in the area to prep for the Snake.

I just wanted to give a shout out to SORBA-ATL - you guys did a great job.
grog
Rock Hopper

Re: I'm baaacckkk ... (but for how long?)

Postby psychobillycadillac » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:17 pm

glad you're back at it Grog!
psychobillycadillac
Rock Hopper

Postby DoctorJD » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Awesome! Welcome back!
DoctorJD
Rock Hopper

Postby grog » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Eh, we'll see. I already missed out on Tuesday to do taxes. I did reach out to Spot and they're sending me a der hanger so I can go back to my 1x10 while I get back into it.
grog
Rock Hopper

Return to Trails & Trail Systems