Area 51

Gush about your favorite trails and riding areas, gripe about the bad ones, find a new spot...

Re: Area 51

Postby RedRocker » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:05 am

:lol:
Ready for Fall!
RedRocker
Rock Hopper

Postby cRASh » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:45 am

Since it's not "officially" open, I say there is no "official" direction yet. :twisted:

edit: Ain't I a stinker? :P
cRASh
Rock Hopper

Postby SingleSpeedAddict » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:43 pm

cRASh wrote:Since it's not "officially" open, I say there is no "official" direction yet. :twisted:

It would be a real stinker if you caused a head on collison because you can't read or won't read. There are direction signs at both ends of the trail. It's unofficially open until the grand opening at pedalpalooza, then it will be officially open and that will be grand. In the mean time, the trail direction signs are official so please heed those. I know you're just making some light humor but riding the Van Michael Trail in the wrong direction is serious.

Scott
SingleSpeedAddict

Postby RedRocker » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:33 pm

SingleSpeedAddict wrote:
cRASh wrote:Since it's not "officially" open, I say there is no "official" direction yet. :twisted:

It would be a real stinker if you caused a head on collison because you can't read or won't read. There are direction signs at both ends of the trail. It's unofficially open until the grand opening at pedalpalooza, then it will be officially open and that will be grand. In the mean time, the trail direction signs are official so please heed those. I know you're just making some light humor but riding the Van Michael Trail in the wrong direction is serious.

Scott

There certainly wasn't anything obvious I saw yesterday. From the parking lot we turned right down Mosquito Flats then right onto Van Michael. Did I miss something there?
Ready for Fall!
RedRocker
Rock Hopper

Postby SingleSpeedAddict » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:51 pm

RedRocker wrote:
SingleSpeedAddict wrote:

Scott

There certainly wasn't anything obvious I saw yesterday. From the parking lot we turned right down Mosquito Flats then right onto Van Michael. Did I miss something there?

Yes. Bright yellow signs at eye level.
SingleSpeedAddict

Postby K2K » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:53 pm

SingleSpeedAddict wrote:
RedRocker wrote:
SingleSpeedAddict wrote:It would be a real stinker if you caused a head on collison because you can't read or won't read. There are direction signs at both ends of the trail. It's unofficially open until the grand opening at pedalpalooza, then it will be officially open and that will be grand. In the mean time, the trail direction signs are official so please heed those. I know you're just making some light humor but riding the Van Michael Trail in the wrong direction is serious.

Scott

T-Th-Sat Only
Cut & Color 165$

Until this whole thing blows over, just stay away from me.
K2K
Rock Hopper

Postby cyclesmith » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:33 pm

K2K wrote:T-Th-Sat Only
Cut & Color 165$

LMAO!

You bad man. Very, very bad man.

Don't fight the mountain.
cyclesmith
Rock Hopper

Postby RedRocker » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:11 am

SingleSpeedAddict wrote:Yes. Bright yellow signs at eye level.

I'm pretty tall.
I can't find anything in my fridge either.
Ready for Fall!
RedRocker
Rock Hopper

Postby cyclesmith » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:21 am

New avatar suggestion for RR.

Removed.. ND

:P :lol:
Don't fight the mountain.
cyclesmith
Rock Hopper

Postby Dr Spin » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:20 pm

None of those pictures give that trail enough justice. It is intense! It will be a while and many, many tries before I go through this loop without dabbing. Love the switchbacks, the rollers, all the signs with section names, etc. The Gravity Cavity and Hurl Hill are new favorites. Really enjoyed all the climbing and they payoff for it. Hell, I put more money back into the donation box on my way out!

Awesome job!
Dr Spin
Rock Hopper

Postby Scottheckles » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:25 am

SingleSpeedAddict wrote:
RedRocker wrote:
SingleSpeedAddict wrote:

Scott

A few of us rode there friday didn't have any trouble on North Loop with direction, but half way through South Loop, while taking a "Check-in with the boss/wife" break, two guys (whom I've seen there before) came cruising through in the opposite direction...
After we let them know they were going backwards, they argued: "we turned left at the 4 way on the red clay" adamantly... but kept on cruising...
The words from our New York visitor were something like this: "Yeah, keep on playing stupid".... I got a little chuckle....
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny. When the government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson
Scottheckles
Rock Hopper

Postby mountainman » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:06 am

Scottheckles wrote:
A few of us rode there friday didn't have any trouble on North Loop with direction, but half way through South Loop, while taking a "Check-in with the boss/wife" break, two guys (whom I've seen there before) came cruising through in the opposite direction...
After we let them know they were going backwards, they argued: "we turned left at the 4 way on the red clay" adamantly... but kept on cruising...
The words from our New York visitor were something like this: "Yeah, keep on playing stupid".... I got a little chuckle....

Yeah, we got signs in the works to fix that section.
President - SORBA Woodstock
mountainman
Rock Hopper

Previous

Return to Trails & Trail Systems