moab whos been ?

Gush about your favorite trails and riding areas, gripe about the bad ones, find a new spot...

moab whos been ?

Postby badbandit12 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:28 pm

I am heading to moab in a few week's. Wanted any tips on places to see eat at or just must see.
I have lots of question's.
badbandit12
Dirt Dawg

Re: moab whos been ?

Postby RamX » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:51 pm

For some pretty good trail info:
http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/idx-moab.htm
The MOAB Brand Trails just North of Arches entrance on the east side of the road is a good set of trails for initial exposer to the area. With a good variety in skill levels Beginner to Expert, and not a lot of altitude change.

Slick Rock trail is a 10.5 mile must do system. This is a motorcycle / bike and at time jeep trail.

Other bike stores do this: But Poison Spider will deliver you to the highest access point available for the Whole Enchilada. I’m sure that it is not fully open yet but this is a phenomenal ride. Up to 34 miles of mostly downhill starting in the La Sal Mountains and ending at the Colorado River.

The Magnificent 7 or "Mag 7" is a series of trails that create a 26-mile point-to-point route. The loop is closed by shuttling Highway 191 and 313 (or making a long pavement return). There are actually 9 or 10 trail segments, depending on how you're counting. The key players are Bull Run, a bit of Gemini Road, Arth's Corner, Little Canyon, Gold Bar ST and upper Gold Bar Rim, Golden Spike, the north end of Poison Spider, and the Portal Trail. I think Poison Spider also shuttles this trail out of the shop.

Lots of places to eat, but my favorite post ride eatery is Eddy McStiffs.

Hydration packs and long sleeve shirts are suggested. The intense sun will cook you.

Arches National Park. Nice Scenery. Best in the afternoon.

The Canyon lands boat ride and dinner is a nice way to see some of the sights. Located on the North west side of river

There are also a couple of small museums in town.
RamX
Rock Hopper

Postby badbandit12 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:45 pm

Wow thanks for info!! And the long sleeve tip .
badbandit12
Dirt Dawg

Postby bikephan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:27 am

How many days? Driving? Taking your personal bike? If so what is it?
WTF.
bikephan
Rock Hopper

Postby badbandit12 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:35 pm

Im going 8 days, taking my 29er its a ibex eklipse . And flying there. And very !!
badbandit12
Dirt Dawg

Postby RamX » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:37 am

If you are in the area April 24-27 the Fruita Mountain Bike Festival along with the trails in Fruita /Grand Junction are definantly worth the drive.
http://www.fruitamountainbike.com/
RamX
Rock Hopper

Postby ScottGreer » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Never been there on the MTB but I have been twice to ride dirtbikes. Definitely hit the Moab Brewery. Great food, plety of sports on TV and good local brewed beers!
ScottGreer
Stump Jumper

Postby bikephan » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Trails to check out in moab. The brand trails are a blast. Also the new stuff on amasa back are awesome.

If you have access to travel Fruita is just 1.5 hours away and we have real beer, 7 breweries in the area as well
WTF.
bikephan
Rock Hopper

Postby badbandit12 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:33 pm

I will be renting a car when I get to salt lake and driving into moab. Meeting with a few friends in Moab but the festable sounds like a blast !! I will try and make over there!! And will post up when and if I do. And thanks for all the info. :D
badbandit12
Dirt Dawg

Postby bikephan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 am

awesome. Super busy weekend with the weather. If you have any questions or need to borrow a map for fruita let me know.
WTF.
bikephan
Rock Hopper

Return to Trails & Trail Systems