Hello from Dawsonville GA!

New to the sport? New to the forum? Post here and We'll help you out.

Hello from Dawsonville GA!

Postby toomacho » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Hello All!
Been a casual rider for a while,but just upgraded to a Trek Superfly AL 100.
I really enjoy the sport and it sure beats running for cardio!
I love to ride the trails in the Dahlonega area around bull mountain.
Hit me up if any riders want to ride.
I am not the fastest but probably not the slowest either.
Thanks!
toomacho
Training Wheel Tyke

Re: Hello from Dawsonville GA!

Postby hamster-in-a-wheel » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Hello!
I'm always looking for people to ride with. I'm a fairly casual rider myself. I've been Jeeping, hiking, and running at Dawson Forest for years, but so far I haven't made it over there with my bike. Maybe we could ride there some time.

Nathan
hamster-in-a-wheel
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby Sangster » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:01 am

Hey guys, new to the sport and this forum, I'm in Gainesville but always looking to ride wherever.

Have you made it over to the Chicopee trails in this area?
Sangster
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby hamster-in-a-wheel » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Sangster wrote:Hey guys, new to the sport and this forum, I'm in Gainesville but always looking to ride wherever.

Have you made it over to the Chicopee trails in this area?

Welcome to the forum!
Yep, that's the main place I ride.
Have you ever been to Gainesville State College/University of North Georgia? The trails aren't quite as nice as Chicopee, but still pretty good, and close by.

Nathan
hamster-in-a-wheel
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby toomacho » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Sure guys, hit me up at "mark.tomcho@gmail.com" if you ever want to go riding. I have been to Chicopee a few times and it is a blast.
I live in Dawsonville but work in Gainesville. I ride when I can but not near as much as I would like to, so any excuse is appreciated! :thumbup:
toomacho
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby Abbysam007 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:29 am

I will be in town at the end of July. I'm looking for advice on trails around the Duluth area. I'm looking for single track, flowy to technical. Any advice you all have would be appreciated.
***aLiZzz***
Abbysam007
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby bvolz » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 am

I haven't been doing this to long so others may be able to give you better suggestions but the closest to Duluth I believe is Big Creek Park. I'm not a huge fan of it but it is pretty nice, very rocky, and unfortunately the freeride/dh stuff is closed :( not that I was really tearing that up... The other two places I can come up with off the top of my head are harbins park in Dacula or blankets creek in Woodstock, or fort yargo all being probably around 35-60 min depending on where in Duluth you are ohh and the time of day...Atlanta traffic kills. Blankets would be my choice they have everything you could want from fast flowy to technical and hilly and SORBA Woodstock has done a great job with it. Last I heard there was construction or something at ft yargo I would have to check in to that. Harbins has plenty of trail and a fair variety of fast and some technical(enough to break my collar bone one time) ohh well but I love riding with folks and I do more of casual riding also, so holler when your down here! :thumbup: send me something at archer_2013@yaoo.com if you want to go ride.
bvolz
Training Wheel Tyke

Return to Fresh Tracks