New to the sport

New to the sport? New to the forum? Post here and We'll help you out.

New to the sport

Postby danhanson88 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Hello,
I am new to the sport and recently picked up a gt avalanche. living in the Austell GA area for the time being originally from Maine. I would has a field service tech traveling all the time so I have not been able to travel to any of the parks yet. I have rode the Austell treadmill trail a couple of times but mostly the silver comet. Really looking forward to progressing in the sport and exploring some new trails.
danhanson88
Training Wheel Tyke

Re: New to the sport

Postby grog » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:36 am

Welcome, Dan. I'm not familiar with Treadmill or any trails close to Austell. If you're on the Comet, there's some mountain bike trails in Paulding off of it (have not been on them so I don't know where they are or what they're like - someone from the Paulding chapter will need to jump in). Allatoona Trails in Kennesaw aren't too far from you. Neither is Sope Creek in Marietta (possibly closer than Allatoona). Both are fun systems.
grog
Rock Hopper

Re: New to the sport

Postby Dckwoody » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:41 pm

The trails in Austell are called Threadmill MTB Park, not Treadmill. I've read and commented on several posts about the work parties that originally made the trail. The trail system got started but not enough interest to keep it going. I started walking the grown over trails late in 2013 and cleaned up both loops for riding. If SORBA builds more trail out in Threadmill MTB Park, more people might find out about it and be interested in riding there. I ride a good loop that connects all of the trails in that area and have been hoping some else would show some interest in it. Contact me if anyone needs info.
Dckwoody
Training Wheel Tyke

Return to Fresh Tracks