SORBA Forum poll

We want your comments.

How do you primarily keep up with SORBA news, events and information?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:36 pm

SORBA Forum
75%
Chapter Forum
6%
Chapter website
3%
Facebook
17%
Other (please reply below with what this means to you)
No votes

Total votes : 36

SORBA Forum poll

Postby grog » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:36 pm

As one of the mods, I'm curious as to how much (or little) the forum is used as a primary form of communication for members. I know many of you use Facebook to keep up to date with SORBA news and events. But there are a few - like myself - who don't use Facebook and have to rely on the forum.

The poll only allows one answer so please select your PRIMARY method of staying in touch with SORBA news and events. But reply here with other means you use secondarily - including detailing what "other" may mean.

Thanks.

Grog
grog
Rock Hopper

Re: SORBA Forum poll

Postby OffCamber » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi, I'm in south Fl. but make about 4-5 trips north each year. I use this forum for most of my Ga. info/resources. I have also purchased and sold a few things on this site, just FYI.
OffCamber
Rock Hopper

Postby Poolie » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:16 pm

Good poll. I'm curious to see the results.
West GA IMBA-SORBA Webmaster
Poolie
Dirt Dawg

Postby grog » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:01 am

Just dawned on me that results are going to be skewed on here as there are probably people that use Facebook only . . . can someone that also uses Facebook post a link to this?

Thanks.
grog
Rock Hopper

Postby grog » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:38 am

Clarification - can someone who has access post this to the SORBA Facebook page?

Thanks.
grog
Rock Hopper

Postby tenbsmith » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:00 pm

There are multiple SORBA FB pages, I'm aware of at least two one for SORBA ATL and one for OMBA.

You probably want people to set up polls on each of those pages and then compile data. Otherwise, you'll loose a lot of FB people either b/c they don't bother coming to the forum or b/c they don't have a log-in...
wind whistles in an empty ear
tenbsmith
Rock Hopper

Postby Ga_Kush » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:14 pm

FB blocked at most work sites. SORBA forum NOT.

"Only during approved breaks of course........... :shock: "
Ga_Kush
Rock Hopper

Postby grog » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:51 pm

tenbsmith wrote:There are multiple SORBA FB pages, I'm aware of at least two one for SORBA ATL and one for OMBA.

You probably want people to set up polls on each of those pages and then compile data. Otherwise, you'll loose a lot of FB people either b/c they don't bother coming to the forum or b/c they don't have a log-in...

tenb . . . mainly just was hoping for someone to post/link to it on the SORBA-Main page . . . if you can do it, that'd be great.

Thanks.
grog
Rock Hopper

Postby tenbsmith » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Grog, I just requested to be added to the SORBA-IMBA page. Once that's approved i believe I'll be able to post there. I'm not sure if/how to post a poll on a FB page, but I could just post the question and ask people to respond with comments.
tenbsmith
Rock Hopper

Postby grog » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Or just put a link to the url?
grog
Rock Hopper

Postby ScottGreer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:55 am

"View New Posts"
ScottGreer
Dirt Dawg

Postby iride » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:24 pm

ScottGreer wrote:"View New Posts"

where the hell is that link on the home page? too many steps - this will be a detriment to the forum's longevity...
clearly it's entirely too technical...

**currently tied with Lance Armstrong on Tour de France wins.**
iride
Rock Hopper

Postby Annhayesb » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:27 pm

The poll has closed, but would y'all want to run it again this time with a post on the Atl Facebook page? I could easily just ask for responses via status updates, then take a count from the page and transfer the info here.
Annhayesb
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby tenbsmith » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:57 pm

that sounds like a good idea.
tenbsmith
Rock Hopper

Postby grog » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:01 pm

I'll run it again but I'll need someone else to post links to it on the various SORBA related Facebook groups.

I suspect, however, that the reality is that the forum just is not relevant any longer. I've seen several demos at Blankets in the past few weeks that were never mentioned here. SORBA/chapter officers posting demos/races/events on Facebook but not here. It appears that Facebook has become the new medium for getting our SORBA's message(s). Which is unfortunate because, as the original poll showed, there's still a sizeable sector that use the Forum as their primary (and, potentially, only) source of information regarding SORBA, trail systems, work parties, races and other events.

If it IS the beginning of the end of the forum, I'm at least grateful for the time it existed. Met an incredible amount of great people via the forum, was given an immense amount of information (not just mountain bike related) here and even owe at least one bike to the forum (credit given to tenb and al. for getting that one started).

It'll be interesting to see how the poll reads if those that use Facebook primarily vote . . .
grog
Rock Hopper

Next

Return to Comment on SORBA Forum content or make suggestions