Lakeside Trails at West Point Dam Update

This chapter is covering LaGrange and Columbus Georgia to Auburn and Opelika Alabama, located in the Chattahoochee Valley Area and will go by CVA-SORBA.

Lakeside Trails at West Point Dam Update

Postby kpvsr » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:27 pm

We now have a complete ridable 8 mile loop, no more out and back! There is still some tread work to do but it is nice to be able to do a loop. I sort of like the natural features of the tread as is but we will more than likely cut it in by hand in many spots, some spots will be left as is though.

If your living in the area or will be traveling close by I encourage you to come check out our trail. It has a little bit of everything so I believe it should appeal to most. Nice flow sections, nice tight twisty technical sections, spots to get air, short downhill spots and some climbing spots. I think it is a little different than the average contour line trail and it is fun in it's own way. Per my Garmin there is around 1300' of assending and desending.

We will be having an official opening on May 9th so those of you not doing the Blood, Sweat and Gears come on out. Details have not been finalized so keep a look out for that.
kpvsr
Rock Hopper

Return to Chattahoochee Valley Area SORBA