Harbins

The Gwinnett Area Trail Riders (GATR)

Harbins

Postby Ghost Rider » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:31 am

What has happened to Harbins? I haven't been there in a while since it has been raining a lot and vacation time.

Much of MB4 (past the creek and up on the hill) is now double track? It looks ruined to me.
Ghost Rider
Mountain Biker

Re: Harbins

Postby KONG » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:09 am

Rode out there yesterday and did notice that.What think i happened is the county work crews are cruising the trails in the gator to dam much.There was some trees cut out so they could get through easy.Ruins the whole feel of the trail.
KONG
Mountain Biker

Postby FujNoob » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:40 pm

Darn those guys for taking care of the trees
FujNoob
Rock Hopper

Postby Ghost Rider » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:37 am

KONG wrote:Rode out there yesterday and did notice that.What think i happened is the county work crews are cruising the trails in the gator to dam much.There was some trees cut out so they could get through easy.Ruins the whole feel of the trail.

I thought I saw some ATV tire tread marks. Curse of a county park trail. I did not notice any fallen trees that were cut up or any maintenance done. Do they patrol the trail on a daily basis now? Crazy. I agree....MB4 used to be the crown jewel of Harbins and now much of the downhill single track feel is gone.....and People were complaining about mb5 a year ago..
Ghost Rider
Mountain Biker

Return to Gwinnett Area Trail Riders