The Down Low Glow: Neon Lights for Bikes

Discuss frames, wheels, drivetrains, pieces & parts with other gearheads. Or talk helmets, shoes, & shorts with the fashion slaves.

The Down Low Glow: Neon Lights for Bikes

Postby jamesjbigler » Mon May 03, 2004 4:33 pm

Now if I could just get me some dubs or some spinners, I would be set. :)

http://www.fossilfool.com/down-low-glow.htm
jamesjbigler
Rock Hopper

Postby wojtek » Mon May 03, 2004 9:25 pm

For past two years I've been using glowing valve covers . Really cool idea and you can get them now in any department store ( about 8 bucks)

I remember the night when I went to Helen to preride the course . For some reason I thought it was going to be 2 short laps (like usually ) . To make long story short , darkness got me sooner than I reached parking lot . I could not see the trail . And the only thing I had back than were those glowing valve covers , which gave me a clue where the trail was going .

Last winter I was riding 2-3 times a week ( 2 times a week a nightride ) .
One night I was too late and had to make a shortcut to catch a group .
I saw everybody waiting at the stop sign . I never stopped trying to take a lead . I just heard a voice - it's Wojtek ...
Turned out that everybody confused me with some kind of farming machine . Add lights on my helmet and handlebar , reflective vest and tights and you can get a picture .
So yes - try to be as visible as you can be , even if your budies will confuse you with a farm machine . At least you will be noticed :lol:
wojtek
Rock Hopper

Return to Equipment