Hello - New to Athens

The Athens, Georgia chapter of SORBA.

Hello - New to Athens

Postby Sreter » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:16 pm

Hello, my name is Lucas. I just moved to Athens mid May for a new job so I figured I'd introduce myself. I'm from Orlando, FL and was living in Birmingham, AL for my first job in my career for about 1.5 years. I'm currently a mechanical design engineer for CAT and have been into riding bikes all my life. I started racing BMX at around the age of 5 and later i started racing motocross as well at around 7 or 8 and played around with some downhill and single track when I lived in south america and had access to some badass trails. My racing ended when I started college in 2007 and since then I have just done some trail riding on my BMX bike and occasionally on borrowed mountain bikes but mostly just road biking around town.

Anyways, I'm currently borrowing a buddy's spare Giant Talon 2 while I shop for a mountain bike because i'd really like to get back into trail riding. I've been going to Trail Creek 2-3 times a week and mostly have been getting used to riding a big bike again on their little DH section. Feel free to say hi if you see me scooting around! You'll see me in my 2012 black GTI with purple wheels and the Giant Talon on the roof haha.

also open to suggestions to more trails! I love jump sections and DH type trails but also enjoy single track. :thumbup:
"Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving" -Einstein
Sreter
Training Wheel Tyke

Re: Hello - New to Athens

Postby Sreter » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:48 am

Well after a couple months of searching around for the right bike I have made a purchase :-)
Got a super killer deal on a almost new Giant Stance 2 27.5". Super happy to finally have my own bike and excited to get out on the trails soon!
"Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving" -Einstein
Sreter
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby Lush » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Welcome! Hope you are enjoying that new bike!
Lush
Rock Hopper

Postby Sreter » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:22 pm

Lush wrote:Welcome! Hope you are enjoying that new bike!

Thank you!
Sreter
Training Wheel Tyke

Return to SORBA Athens