Trail Conditions at Atlanta Beaches

Atlanta, Georgia chapter of SORBA.

Trail Conditions at Atlanta Beaches

Postby RamX » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:52 pm

I rode at the Beach on last Monday with Fire fighter Paul. He just cleared most of the trail witha backpack blower. The trail has no standing water but is a little soft in places, including the new switch back. We came up with a couple ideas to inprove the flow and add a few technical features. He also added a new transition between the trails at the gas line opening off crane road.
RamX
Rock Hopper

Re: Trail Conditions at Atlanta Beaches

Postby RamX » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:14 pm

1/29/09 the trail is in great shape. There are quit a few damp spots but no standing water or real bad muddy sections. The worse area seems to be the new switch back on the west side of the small pond. With over 5 inches of rain this month, and very little no direct sun light on that side of the hill it is to be expected.
RamX
Rock Hopper

Postby RamX » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:29 pm

3/05/2009 The trails at the Beach are good shape. The tree has been removed along with a few debris piles from the recent rains. We will be working on a couple reroutes to decrease the erosion in a couple of areas (5+ inches of rain in 2 ½ days will do that).
RamX
Rock Hopper

Postby dirtsurfer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:16 am

I rode Thursday evening and there were a few trees and limbs on the trails, I moved most of the limbs but need a chainsaw for the trees.
If anybody orginizes a work party PM me and i'll come help out.

Alan
dirtsurfer
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby RamX » Sun May 24, 2009 4:10 pm

04/09/2009: I spent about 3 hours on Friday removing downed trees and general upkeep work at the Beach. The trail is wet in places but ride able. We will need to have a work party next month to trim back along the trail corridor.
RamX
Rock Hopper

Postby surfandturf » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:52 am

8/11/2011

Trails are in good shape. I'm usually there Tuesdays and Thursdays around 4:30pm if anybody wants to ride.
I park in the tennis parking lot.
surfandturf
Training Wheel Tyke

Return to SORBA Atlanta