Moving to PTC

Atlanta, Georgia chapter of SORBA.

Moving to PTC

Postby cyclepath78 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Hello everybody! I am moving to PTC from NY in 3 weeks and can not wait to tear it up down there! Can anybody give me the lowdown on the local trails? I saw a great youtube video on Stinky Trail which is maybe a 5 minute bike commute from my home! From what I saw that trail looks like a blast! Also, I spoke to Ty from Bicycles Unlimited and he mentioned another local trail but I cannot remember what the trail name was, I remember it being some kinda acronym or abbreviation something or other. Any idea on what that place might be? Other than that I've heard about Dauset, the beach trail and Conyers. I'm really pumped for a new and fresh outlook on mountain biking! Also, how is the area for road riding? I noticed that the shoulders on the road are a bit narrow, do cars share the road or are they out to get you like the ones here! Anyway, Im pumped to start spinnin' in the south! If you see a tall dude on a black karate monkey ss say hello!

Peace!

-Jim
cyclepath78
Training Wheel Tyke

Re: Moving to PTC

Postby kevrider » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:31 pm

might have been GIHP, GA international horse park. that's the name of the park with the trails in conyers, where the olympic xc races were held. your other thread covers the nearby stuff, go to the sorba chattanooga website for a complete trail listing.
In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted
kevrider
Rock Hopper

Postby Danny » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:02 pm

The other trail you're thinking about is the "BSC" located at the NW corner of the Baseball Soccer Complex on S74 just past Cooper Lighting. It's got about 3 miles of easy/intermediate trails.

We've got great road riding too. Check out our local bike club at www.southsidecycling.com for more info. 200+ members and lots of social stuff too.

Dan
Danny
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby GTscoob » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:21 am

BSC and Stinky Trails are a ton of fun. Peachtree City really is a great cycling town, you're minutes away from great back country roads for getting your roadie on, the BMX track is fun for pretending you're a kid again, and the mountain bike trails are great for people who live in town.

The cars share the road but the common mentality is that the golf cart paths are for bikes so most drivers hate sharing the road with cyclists. The golf cart paths are great for slow paced fun rides but are too bumpy and dangerous for high speed riding. Too many soccer moms and high schoolers on golf carts . . . more dangerous than my Buckhead bike commute up here in Atlanta.
GTscoob
Rock Hopper

Postby cyclepath78 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Great stuff, thanks for the info! I think it might be the BSC trails I heard about from Bicycles Unlimited. I believe they do a weekly night ride there. So pumped to get down to GA already!
cyclepath78
Training Wheel Tyke

Return to SORBA Atlanta