ITB Doctor Marietta area

Share your PAIN... bumps, bruises, broken bones. If you never had any, you probably aren't riding hard enough. A catalog of the damage we've done to ourselves in pursuit of two-wheeled Nirvana.

ITB Doctor Marietta area

Postby tjkane1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Title says it. I'm looking for a doctor in the Marietta(northwest Atlanta) area to figure out my ITB.
I've been having troubles for about 2 years now. I have gone to a chiropractor for ART(active release technique) and it
did seem to help but not cure the problem. I'm starting to think I did more damage than I originally thought and
I think a really good evaluation is in order.
I had seen Dr. Covall mentioned but he has moved into an administrative position somewhere.
Willing to travel somewhat around the ATL for a good doctor. And of course I want someone good at their job
but not world renowned who will wipe out my savings just to look at my knee.
Thanks for any info.
BMC FS 01
tjkane1
Training Wheel Tyke

Re: ITB Doctor Marietta area

Postby xtanker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Amadeus Mason at Emory. Non surgical ortho/sports med. Works with Olympic track and field. Good guy too.
xtanker
Rock Hopper

Postby tjkane1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Thanks, I'll check him out.
BMC FS 01
tjkane1
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby trhoppe » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:41 am

I would recommend 2 people.

1) Start with getting your bike fit correctly. There are a number of bike fitters in the area, but I would recommend Eddie at 55 Nine as he's an endurance mountain biker. He will fit you on your actual mountain bike and offer you pedaling mechanics advice for your mountain bike. Expensive, yes, but totally worth it.

Once you do that, you'll still need some work done to fix your knots/tissues/etc.

2) Go see your doctor of choice, or Dr. Sadri from 1st Choice Healthcare. I was recommended there by a Crossfit friend and they worked well for me and helped me out.

Going to see a doc without getting a pro bike fit will just fix your problem until you get back on the bike. Don't do one without the other :)
trhoppe
Rock Hopper

Postby tjkane1 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:09 pm

I have gotten a fitting by Eddie at 55 Nine and he did a great job. I actually never had a problem until I started running.
I've been to Big Peach Running co., Phidippides and Natural Strides in Woodstock to be fitted for shoes and check my stride.
Unfortunately, the problem is bad enough now that not running at all doesn't fix the problem and now the problem occurs when I
ride as well.
I'll check out Dr. Sadri. Thanks for the info.
BMC FS 01
tjkane1
Training Wheel Tyke

Return to Broken, Battered, but NEVER Beaten