Matching knees...

Share your PAIN... bumps, bruises, broken bones. If you never had any, you probably aren't riding hard enough. A catalog of the damage we've done to ourselves in pursuit of two-wheeled Nirvana.

Matching knees...

Postby bvolz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:38 am

Well it all started on dwelling at blankets where i got in a handlebar fight with a tree, it left me on the ground with my left knee confirming that the tree won. After that i finished up dwelling and decided to try my luck at rope mill and well there was no luck there. I took a pretty good wash out on one of those tight turns that are at the end of the super fast areas. Then I decided to pack up for the day before i did even more damage. Just some sore knees for a week not to bad.

bvolz
Training Wheel Tyke

Re: Matching knees...

Postby tenbsmith » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Like a fine piece of Georgian architecture, your knee wounds are symmetric.

keep clean and get those no-stick bandages if you have to wear long pants for work.
wind whistles in an empty ear
tenbsmith
Rock Hopper

Postby Tweety » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:36 pm

and since blood actually made it to your socks, you can actually consider both incidents "wrecks!"
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to Somebody Else.
-Will Rogers
"as long as you are still a cool guy 99 % of the time the 1 % time that you lose it is ok by me" - Mark D.
Tweety
Rock Hopper

Postby trhoppe » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:21 am

I've been through some of the nastiest gnarly *** like Farlow Gap and stuff our West. No wrecks.

My worst crashes have all been on the stupid Dwelling loop :lol: :lol:
trhoppe
Rock Hopper

Postby iride » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:47 pm

sooo...did you leave the blood on the first knee after crashing at blankets and then again on the second knee after riding and crashing at rope mill until you could snap the pics at home?
clearly it's entirely too technical...

**currently tied with Lance Armstrong on Tour de France wins.**
iride
Rock Hopper

Postby bvolz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:21 am

trhoppe wrote:I've been through some of the nastiest gnarly *** like Farlow Gap and stuff our West. No wrecks.

My worst crashes have all been on the stupid Dwelling loop :lol: :lol:

There's just a bad luck spell on dwelling....
bvolz
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby bvolz » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:26 am

iride wrote:sooo...did you leave the blood on the first knee after crashing at blankets and then again on the second knee after riding and crashing at rope mill until you could snap the pics at home?

Yeah... it had dried on pretty good, or at least the first one had, so it wasn't coming off to easy. :P
bvolz
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby chet » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:37 pm

I have done similar damage to a knee (only one at a time) but always washed it off with water from the camelback out on the trail and cleaned it up better at the car. I found that riding around with blood running down your leg scares the kids and some others on the trail and the sooner it gets cleaned out the better for healing.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever"
chet
Rock Hopper

Postby waynethomas » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:43 am

When i have starting the mountain bike riding so i have wear mountain bike clothes with full protectors. And i have wear full leg pant with knee pads and i have no problem pretty good work.
waynethomas
Training Wheel Tyke

Return to Broken, Battered, but NEVER Beaten