tool trailer design

Discuss trail design, construction and maintenance. Enter the amazing world of Pulaskis, McLeods, Stihls, Dingos, and SWECOs

tool trailer design

Postby BlurredVision » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:22 am

I remember somebody at the Tanasi Epic telling me about one of the chapters having a very well thought out and anally organized tool trailer.

TORC has a new 5X10 cargo trailer and a load of tools courtesy of a REI grant and we have a cabinet builder who offered to fit it out for tools and supply transport.

Does anybody have a photo or a sketch of a trailer setup that works well?

Thanks,
Stewart
BlurredVision
Training Wheel Tyke

Postby kowen » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:30 pm

I believe the Woodstock chapter's is the one I'm aware of. Here's their website link which has contact info http://www.sorbawoodstock.org/.
kowen
Rock Hopper

Postby darbrednew » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:48 pm

I've seen a couple of tool trailers that were really done up right on the insides. With shelves & racks, a very nice way to organize and store the chapters equipment. Personally, I wish RAMBO could figure a way to finance & make use of a trailer too.
Brad
PRESIDENT - RAMBO/SORBA
http://www.rambo-mtb.org/

btw, is your SORBA/IMBA membership current?
Check out RAMBO on Facebook
darbrednew
Rock Hopper

Postby runbiker » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:08 am

darbrednew wrote:I've seen a couple of tool trailers that were really done up right on the insides. With shelves & racks, a very nice way to organize and store the chapters equipment. Personally, I wish RAMBO could figure a way to finance & make use of a trailer too.

What kind of amount are we talking about? What size would the trailer need to be?

Thanks
Push the button, Push the button... Uh Oh you should not have done that.
runbiker
Rock Hopper

Re: tool trailer design

Postby ShaunMoore » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:55 am

Hey All,

I'd like to bump this up to see if there have been any nice trailer set ups developed since this thread was started almost 2 years ago.

We've purchased an enclosed, V-nosed, 6'X12' (guessing there), rear and side door trailer and are looking for some design ideas. Any pictures, do's and don't, etc?

Thanks,
~Shaun

Pisgah Area SORBA
Bent Creek Trails Co-coordinator
ShaunMoore
Training Wheel Tyke

Return to Trail Building Techniques & Equipment