yep > thats right

Discuss trail design, construction and maintenance. Enter the amazing world of Pulaskis, McLeods, Stihls, Dingos, and SWECOs

yep > thats right

Postby 1967sschevelle » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:49 pm

got to agree. stihl is the best. bought a stihl commercial type back pack leaf blower at a pawn shop 3 years ago ($60). it was and is still used to open up and maintain several miles of bike trails around here. that same pawn shop had a stihl chain saw with a 20" bar for $186 the other day. looks like I will be trying to crack a deal with them again when I get my credit back for the craftsman. really apreciate you guys input....cheers from sunny salem alabama usa... :thumbup:
1967sschevelle
Mountain Biker

Re: yep > thats right

Postby kowen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:44 pm

The pawn shop sounds like a great place to pick up power tool, electronics, etc. bargains. Got a friend who has picked up several things. With the economy like it is, there may be even more opportunity. :thumbup:
kowen
Rock Hopper

Postby darbrednew » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:22 pm

Like anything else, but in this case powertools, you need to know what to look for when buying someone else's used equipment. Main thing is getting a good price just in case some repairs are needed before use.
Brad
PRESIDENT - RAMBO/SORBA
http://www.rambo-mtb.org/

btw, is your SORBA/IMBA membership current?
Check out RAMBO on Facebook
darbrednew
Rock Hopper

Postby iride » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:26 am

i've read the title to this thread 20 times i bet, and every time i think of this...

:guitar:
clearly it's entirely too technical...

**currently tied with Lance Armstrong on Tour de France wins.**
iride
Rock Hopper

Return to Trail Building Techniques & Equipment