Trail Layout Cost

Discuss trail design, construction and maintenance. Enter the amazing world of Pulaskis, McLeods, Stihls, Dingos, and SWECOs

Trail Layout Cost

Postby kpvsr » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:13 pm

What would be a fair cost per mile for doing a pin flagged trail layout? The area is going to be burned so under brush will be at a minimum and it should be fairly open as far as a wooded area goes. The terrain is gently rolling with nothing real steep or very high.
kpvsr
Rock Hopper

Re: Trail Layout Cost

Postby bobg » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:18 am

I would counter with a couple questions:

1) is the number going to end up as a real # for payback to club or is it just a "value we bring to the table" kind of number?
2) realistically how many miles of trail do you think you can get out of the area?
3) how many people will be designing/flagging?

might want to look at it more like how many days/afternoons it will take and also add in cost for materials, travel to and from, GPSing what was done, map making, lunch for volunteers if many of them
Bob Grieco
RAMBO DUDE
bobg
SORBA

Postby jag3 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:57 am

pm seenvic-
I think he once told me layout was around 600/mile give or take.
jag3
Rock Hopper

Postby kpvsr » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:55 am

This is more of a personal thing instead of a club thing. Being unemployed I have run into an opportunity where a volunteer opportunity may turn into a business deal. As Trump would say nothing personal against SORBA or Pro-Trails it's just business. The well being of me and my family comes before the club and/or chapter.

Probably get maybe 4 miles total.

Thanks
kpvsr
Rock Hopper

Return to Trail Building Techniques & Equipment