Pump Track Proposal

Discuss trail design, construction and maintenance. Enter the amazing world of Pulaskis, McLeods, Stihls, Dingos, and SWECOs

Pump Track Proposal

Postby Gunnar75 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:27 am

Does anyone have any experience putting together proposals for trails? There is a piece of old property in downtown buford right off Peachtree Industrial before you turn to go to the Buford Wolves Stadium (across the tracks on the right) that is calling for a pump track :rock: I believe the county owns it since there are very old stadium lights in place and I see people playing soccer there occasionally. If anyone has any info on the place I'm talking about or about drafting proposals please let me know, I feel this would be a great place to introduce kids to mtb/bmx and of course I would love it to!
Thanks,
Matt
Gunnar75
Rock Hopper

Re: Pump Track Proposal

Postby OffCamber » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm

I don't have a copy but there is info on how to approach the Authorities. Might help.
http://www.leelikesbikes.com/ebook-welc ... ack-nation
OffCamber
Rock Hopper

Postby Gunnar75 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Thanks man, I've already bought the ebook a year or two ago for efforts at Chicopee Woods when there where talks about a skills area there. I'll reach out to some of the old soFa folks and see what they have.
Thanks,
Matt
Gunnar75
Rock Hopper

Postby ExtrmTao » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:18 pm

I have written a proposal for a pump track to city officials before. PM me your email and I can help you out with an example.
Supporting PAS SORBA
Extrmtao.blogspot.com
ExtrmTao
Rock Hopper

Postby dgaddis1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Ben Blitch just built a pumptrack here in North Augusta. he could probably help out. http://www.benblitch.blogspot.com/

Good luck!
Singletracks.com - Bike the Net!
Southern Wheelworks - Custom wheels designed and built just for you.
dgaddis1
Rock Hopper

Postby Gunnar75 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Is that where the old dirt jumps use to be? Long long time ago (1998) while living in Savannah and working at a shop we got word of some super sick dj's in downtown Augusta that the city donated a front end loaded, dirt and lights. We use to hit it every couple of weeks. I remember a river and some railroad tracks in the area, thanks just curious.
Matt
Gunnar75
Rock Hopper

Postby dgaddis1 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 pm

That was before I moved here, but I'm pretty sure I know where that was. Different spot. The pump track is in north Augusta - search the forum for a thread called photo tour of riverview pump track to see lots of pics
Singletracks.com - Bike the Net!
Southern Wheelworks - Custom wheels designed and built just for you.
dgaddis1
Rock Hopper

Postby OffCamber » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:30 pm

OffCamber
Rock Hopper

Postby Gunnar75 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:33 am

That's what I'm talking about, easy lines, fast lines and air lines. I think every mtb/trail venue should have one of these or at least the major ones like chicopee woods, bc and what not. City of buford needs one to since it's a mile from my house. Thanks everyone for the info.
Matt
Gunnar75
Rock Hopper

Return to Trail Building Techniques & Equipment