Since 1989, The Southern Off-Road Bicycle Association has worked to ensure that our public lands offer fun, challenging and sustainable mountain biking for all mountain bikers. As the leading mountain biking organization in the southeast, we believe everyone should have access to the social, physical, and mental benefits that mountain biking provides.
Through advocacy, education and resource sharing, SORBA and its forty-seven chapters envision a future where mountain biking is at the center of healthy, economically vibrant, and environmentally sustainable communities throughout the Southeast, with well-planned, accessible, and progressive trail systems.
SORBA relies on our generous members to carry out our mission. Our volunteers donate thousands of hours each year to advocate for trail access, raise funds for trail development, build trails, and maintain trails. Please support our cause Join SORBA today! Or donate!
SORBA and its Chapters are 501c organizations. SORBA has chapters in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. All contributions are tax deductible.
We believe everyone should have access to the social, physical, and mental benefits that mountain biking provides.
We envision a future where mountain biking is at the center of healthy, economically vibrant, and environmentally sustainable communities throughout the Southeast, with well-planned, accessible, and progressive trail systems.
- Your chapter trail news delivered to your inbox
- SORBA Regional News
- Subaru VIP discount
- Member pack with card
- Socks at the $50 membership level
- Discounts on over 100 outdoor brands through ExpertVoice
- Free digital subscription to Mountain Bike Action Magazine
- Spot discounted injury insurance for mountain bikers. SORBA members get Spot for just $69.99 for an entire year
- Discounts on Torq Nutrition. Use code “SORBA” to get 20% off with 10% going back to SORBA
SORBA Events & Programs
- Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day
- Annual Southern Mountain Bike Summit
- Women’s Mountain Bike Day
- SORBA Events Calendar
- Group rides
- Work parties
- Model Trails
- Chapter Insurance
- Tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status
- SORBA.org Website
- Assistance in Grant Writing
- Advocacy Training & Assistance
- National & Regional representation
- Volunteer Training
- Trail Planning & Design Services
- Membership Acquisition and Retention
- Event Management Software
- Volunteer Management Software
- IMBA and SORBA Co-Branding
- Trails Count Grant Program
- Dig In Program
- Webinars and Online Learning Tools
Most importantly, SORBA keeps the trails you ride open to mountain biking.
Support Mountain Biking
Join or donate to SORBA and support mountain biking in the Southeast. Our members are more than just people who ride mountain bikes. We're passionate, concerned individuals who love the peace, beauty, ruggedness, and challenge of the trail. We are making the world better place for mountain biking.
Join SORBA or Renew
Through our partnership with the IMBA Local program, joining SORBA is a very easy process. Just select your local chapter on the signup form, and you'll become a member of SORBA through your local chapter.
Donate to SORBA
Your donations to SORBA help us carry out our mission of making great places to ride your mountain bike. As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, all donations to SORBA are tax deductible.
Southern Off-Road Bicycle Association, 691 Pisgah Rd, Ellijay, GA 30536