Since 1989, The Southern Off-Road Bicycle Association has worked to ensure that our public lands offer fun, challenging and sustainable mountain biking for all mountain bikers. As the leading mountain biking organization in the southeast, our mission is to create, enhance, and protect great mountain biking experiences in the southeast.
Through advocacy, education and resource sharing, SORBA and its forty-four chapters work closely with land managers and allied outdoor organizations to build and maintain fun, challenging, and sustainable trails and bike parks throughout our service area.
SORBA relies on our generous members to carry out our mission. Our volunteers donate thousands of hours each year to advocate for trail access, raise funds for trail development, build trails, and maintain trails. Please support our cause Join SORBA today! Or donate!
SORBA and its Chapters are 501c organizations. SORBA has chapters in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. All contributions are tax deductible.
- Trail News delivered to your inbox
- SORBA Regional News
- Subaru VIP discount
- Member pack with decals, discounts, and card
- Discounts on over 100 brands of bike and outdoor gear through Experticity.com
- Subscription to a magazine of your choice. Choose Bicycling magazine, Dirt Rag digital edition, Peloton digital edition or Velo digital edition.
- Discounted health and accident insurance
SORBA Events & Programs
- Group rides
- Work parties
- Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day
- Annual Southern Mountain Bike Summit
- Model Trails
- Chapter Insurance
- Tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status
- SORBA.org Website
- Assistance in Grant Writing
- Advocacy Training & Assistance
- Chapter swag program with MAXXIS, Finish Line and Thompson
- National & Regional representation
- Instructor Certificaiton
- Trail Planning & Design Services
Most importantly, SORBA keeps the trails you ride open to mountain biking.
Support Mountain Biking
Join or donate to SORBA and support mountain biking in the Southeast. Our members are more than just people who ride mountain bikes. We're passionate, concerned individuals who love the peace, beauty, ruggedness, and challenge of the trail. We are making the world better place for mountain biking.
Through our partnership with the IMBA Local program, joining SORBA is a very easy process. Just select your local chapter on the signup form, and you'll become a member of SORBA through your local chapter.
Your donations to SORBA help us carry out our mission of making great places to ride your mountain bike. As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, all donations to SORBA are tax deductible.