Catalyst Sports has partnered with a number of our SORBA chapters to create the Southeast Adaptive Mountain Bike Tour. This tour will run from September 11th to November 14th 2021, with a new location every weekend. Each of the 9 stops will have a weekend filled with aMTB rides lead by Catalyst Sports staff and local volunteers. The tour sets out to give people with disabilities the chance to go mountain biking as well as showing everyone that people with disabilities are people with ability!
Tour Dates and Locations:
*SORBA Chapters are bold
- Chattanooga – September 11-12 – Lula Lake
- Atlanta – September 18-19 – Blankets Creek
- Birmingham – September 25-26 – Red Mountain Park
- Asheville – October 9-10 – Camp Grier
- Greater DC – October 16-17 – Patapsco Valley State Park
- Nashville – October 23-24 – Lock 4
- Augusta – October 30-31 – Phinizy Swamp Nature Park
- Knoxville – November 5-7 – Baker Creek Preserve
- Greensboro – November 14 – Hagan Stone Park
At each location volunteers will be required to assist with the rides. “Volunteers will be riding along side our athletes assisting with creating a fun and safe environment. Therefore, we do ask that the volunteer to have experience mountain biking. Also, Catalyst is unable to provide standard mountain bikes so each volunteer will need to bring their own bike.”
There will be a mandatory training on the evening of Thursday or Friday prior to the event at each location.
To learn more or sign up [Click Here]